BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND IMVU Layouts »

Friday, February 25, 2011

A Name

            My full name is Jesse Antonio Valdez. My first name, Jesse, isn't really important. I wasn't named after anyone, and it isn't a Latino name. It was just a name that my parents decided was a nice sounding name, so I got it. My middle name, on the other hand, is a Puerto Rican name that was given because my dad was Puerto Rican. He was also El Salvadorian, and his last name was Valdez which is El Salvadorian. So Puerto Rican for my middle name, and El Salvadorian for my last name. Funny how both my middle name and last name have some of my heritage in it, but my first name was chosen from one of those popular names books for parents, and has no Irish meaning. I think my mom originally wanted to give me an Irish name like Sean or something like that, but she and my dad ended up deciding Jesse. I am actually glad that I got that name, because Sean sounds too plain and "un-special", and I think Jesse has a little more meaning to it for some weird reason. I'm not sure if I prefer a more Latino name, like Jose or something, but I did get called Jose a few times before and it didn't sound that great. I look back at that now though and it sounds like a pretty good name.

1 comments:

pharmrulz said...

Cool blog! Does your last name mean anything!?!?