BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND IMVU Layouts »

Sunday, October 24, 2010

The Way the World Works

          I was just looking at all my blog posts on my blog that I did the whole school year so far. I actually noticed something that may be a coincidence, but that's for readers to decide. All my blogs are basically about the sad or bad things of the world. I didn’t mean to make my posts into a category like this or make them all connect into one subject purposely, but it seems that they all do relate to negative things. The more I read them, the more it makes me wonder if I will accidentally make all my posts connect into one subject again during this quarter. These are my posts that I think relate to negative things in the world.
          The first blog post was about bullying. That relates to a bad thing because it shows that many people have either been bullied or bullies, and that proves how some people may start bullying and enjoy bullying enough to keep bullying enough to do it for the rest of their lives. It could also teach victims to be afraid of someone else if they start to get bullied, and be victims for the rest of their lives.
           My second post was a response to Sam's post on bullying. He states that bullying is caused by people who don't have any friends are think that anyone who is different from them is funny or stupid. This also is relates to bad thing the same way my blog post did.
          My third blog post was a debate on illegal immigration. Even though I was only being on the con side for the debate, and not morally for it, I still was able to use facts and opinons that I found out on sites and sources on how there were some government senators, etc. that wanted to put border patrol around America to stop immigrants from illegally entering America. They would even be allowed to use force to stop them from entering. This shows how much other people would love to live in America for dreams of less problems, but right now America can't let those people in. (My fourth blog was basically a rebuttal to the opponents, so that had the same reasons for being a downside blog post as the previous one.)
          The fifth was on marijuana and how some people get prescribed to it for medical uses. I responded to it and said that some people could forge the subscription the get marijuana, or somehow get it but lie and say it's a medical purpose. This shows how people have addictions on things and won't think twice to end the addiction.
          The sixth was a bit random, and was about pizza, but it did have some downsides and moral in it. This post talked a bit about scamming for money and trying to get people to come to their restaurant. So it had a bit to do with some bad things in this world.
           The next post was a bit random too, but it does show that Disney had to take some very sad stories and "stretch" the truth out quite a bit to make it fit to be a children's movie. That proves that there were probably sad times when the stories were first created.
           (Just forget about the one directly before this one I'm going to talk about, it doesn't relate to anything but Sam's personal health and mind.) The last one, the Lennie essay, was the saddest. You can think of it being sad for many different reasons, but it will always be sad. I think of it as Lennie seeing everything as a nice world, and so people just want to get through life or don't care. Lennie just wants to live life and have fun, and since this is very unique to most people, Lennie is given crazy looks and appears to have a mental problem. George is a bit like some of these people, so sometimes he gets mad and annoyed at Lennie, causing him to feel mad at himself for making George mad.

I have many goals planned for my Second Quarter as a freshman at ASTI. One of these goals includes planning ahead and not procrastinating. I find that I procrastinate a lot. Sometimes I even don’t have enough time some assignments, so I just barely finish working on the ones I haven’t done in the morning. Usually this is because I have left some long and time-consuming assignments for the last minute. I really should change that about myself, especially since there may be more homework in a new quarter.
            I will also achieve another one of my goals during the second quarter, organization. All the time in the beginning of the school year, I promise myself that I will put all my papers in a folder. However, by the second week of school, I have tons of papers, important and unimportant, scattered and crumpled in the bottom of my backpack. I promise myself, hopefully for the last time, that I will always buy a folder to put every paper inside. They will all be labeled with the name of the class/subject from where the papers are from. This way, I will have more space in my backpack and it will be easier to clean out old papers.
            One of the last remaining goals I have set for this new quarter is focus. I find that a lot of times I do my homework, I got distracted from it to do something else. Sometimes I get tempted to watch TV, and when I don’t watch it, I wonder what’s happening on my favorite shows. I also start to daydream about things that I can do if I finish my homework in time. I sometimes use it so I can be motivated to get my homework done faster. However, I get too distracted and spend a while just thinking. I plan to change this by just doing my homework and not thinking about anything else. This way, I can finish my homework on time and relax. I hope these goals will help me in my Second Quarter, and that I will write even better blog posts.

0 comments: