BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND IMVU Layouts »

Friday, April 1, 2011

Response to Vignettes

I was looking at my fellow classmates vignettes, and I saw quite a few that interested me and I thought had a very good style of writing. One of them was on Cristian's blog.

I leave to you this thought of sadness and depression; of my mom so
terribly sick. She could catch a cold and die, and my brother could have
a seizure and go into a coma and die. We have been manipulated by life,
and now it is our turn to manipulate life, and live our own happy life.
We all have our stories to tell, and we all have our memories. We use
these memories as tools to discover ourselves and to define ourselves as
well. We use the past to shape our future and the hope for the future
to shape our present.
I think the way Cristian ended the story by saying how we define who we are by using our past, present and future was an excellent way to cap it all off. Though it was very sad indeed throughout the whole set of vignettes, the way the last few sentences are put it kind of makes it seem like there was kind of moral to the story, like whatever happens life goes on and the events that do happen will shape who we are and that is the key to finding out. It's like even though this is a very dreaded future, it would still make you find out more about yourself and make you a better person in some weird way.

0 comments: