BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND IMVU Layouts »

Thursday, September 23, 2010

Response to Meriam's post

I saw this post from Meriam's blog and I think that it's FUNNY!

A clear example of this would be The Little Mermaid. The little Mermaid was written by Hans Christian Anderson was definitly not about a mermaid who lived happily ever after with a prince. In fact the adaption was the same up until Ariel came to the surface. Ariel had trouble communicating with the prince and therefore he never loved her and married another lady. In order to return to see she had to kill the prince, but out of guilt of commiting such a horrific act she killed herself. Crazy right!
           I have three younger siblings who watch nothing but these kind of movies, so 90% of the time the tv is playing these movies. They have been watching these movies for 5 years now, so you can imagine how bored I am of seeing and listening to that movie, or any of those kind of movies in general, so I try to humor myself during some of the parts. Next time they're watching it, I'm going to think about Ariel literally being a backstabber. Hehehe.
           Another similar thing to this is in Pochohantas. I learned this in 5th grade history, she was about 12, and that blonde guy was 30 ish. She would have married him too! But then that retard got shot and died, and she married some other guy.I don't think she even knew that blonde guy was dead. It was a guy named Oglethorpe, I think. (Who names their son that?!) In the movie, I think the blonde guy lived and he and Pochohantas had the whole happily ever after...thing.
          I think Aladdin was originally a book. I read one that was made before the mivie and instead of him having only 3 wishes, he had an infinite amount. How cool is that? So in the beginning of the story, this hobo pretended to be his uncle and tried to get the lamp, but somehow Aladdin got it, and the first few months he had the lamp, he asked for food. If I had infintie wishes, I would wish for my favorite foods everyday.

0 comments: